Join Carrie Goldman Segall and Rina Campbell for an open discussion on bullying prevention in Evanston schools on January 31st at 7:30 pm at Curt’s Cafe.
We are inviting families, teachers & school administrators to join in as we discuss the following topics:
- What is bullying & cyberbullying? Distinguish between normal social conflict and
- bullying, and the fluidity of roles.
- Warning signs if your child is being bullied (or is doing the bullying).
- What we can do to support our children- at home and in our schools.
- The role of empathy and emotional intelligence in reducing bullying actions.
- How to recognize and manage sibling bullying.
- Long-term effects of bullying on the brain.
- Steps to take with the school if your child is being bullied.
- Teaching kids the difference between tattling and reporting.
- The value of restorative actions over punitive actions in dealing with bullying behavior.