Not sure how to fill out the FAFSA form to apply for college financial aid? The Evanston Public Library will host representatives from the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) who will walk you through the FAFSA applications step by step. ISAC mentors will also help you navigate the forms and offer advice on preparing your FAFSA application for submission.
Filling out FAFSA: Step by Step
Thursday, January 10, 7-9 pm, Third Floor Computer Lab, Main Library
You will need to bring:
- Your Social Security Number (or alien registration number);
- Your Driver’s License (if any);
- Student and parent(s) 2011 or 2012 tax and W2 forms;
- Child support paid or received or any other untaxed income;
- Student and parents’ current balances of cash, savings and checking;
- Student and parents’ asset information (stocks, bonds, 529 savings plans and all other investment information);
- Parents’ birthday, date of marriage/separation/divorce (if applicable);
- A 4 digit PIN to act as your electronic signature.
Bilingual assistance will be available at this program. If all of your questions aren’t answered at this program you can sign up for one-on-one sessions at the Library with an ISAC mentor on January 11 or 19. For teens and their parents.