The Mayor’s Summer Youth Employment Program’s annual Job Fair will be held on two Saturdays this year. Evanston youth age 14 -18 years can choose to attend on April 20 or 27, 2013. The fair will take place both days from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave., Evanston. There will be over 100 summer positions available; the majority of the jobs will be with the City of Evanston.
Youth are encouraged to fill out a Summer Youth Employment Program application in advance online at www.cityofevanston.org/youth or at an outreach session. Outreach sessions will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. the week of April 8 at the following locations:
- Evanston Public Library’s Teen Loft, 1703 Orrington Ave. – April 8-12
- North Branch Library, 2026 Central St. – April 8
- Chicago Ave./Main St. Branch Library, 900 Chicago Ave. – April 11
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, 1655 Foster St. – April 8
- Robert Crown Community Center, 1701 Main St. – April 9
- Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave. – April 10
- Chandler-Newberger Community Center, 1028 Central St. – April 11
- Evanston Ecology Center, 2024 McCormick Blvd. – April 12
In order to be eligible to attend the job fair, youth must be enrolled in school, be at least 14 years of age when the Youth Employment Program begins in mid-June and live only in ZIP codes 60201 or 60202. Current high school students must attend at least one of three Youth Job Center presentations, to be held in the ETHS Auditorium from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on April 3, 10 and 17.
At the Job Fair, staff from the Career & Counseling Center of ETHS and the ETHS Alumni Association will be on site to conduct mock interviews and facilitate various seminars to help prepare youth for their first job.
For more information, visit www.cityofevanston.org/youth, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3-1-1 (847/448-4311).