Harnessing the Power of Parents through Community Schools: A Case Study from Chicago’s North Suburbs
October 14, 2014 from 7 pm – 8:30 pm at JEH Center, 1500 McDaniel Ave, Evanston
Join us for an interactive presentation and discussion about how schools in Evanston and Skokie are embracing the Community Schools approach to engage parents as leaders in their schools and communities.
- Jeanette Castellanos Butt, Vice President of Community Investment, United Way
- of Metropolitan Chicago
- Paul Goren, Superintendent, Evanston/Skokie School District 65
- Erin Moore, Community School Manager, Y.O.U.
- Quintin Shepherd, Superintendent, Skokie/Morton Grove School District 69
- Graciela Suarez, Lead Organizer, Community Organizing and Family Issues (COFI)
- Parent Leaders from Evanston and Skokie
The event is free and open to all. A reception will follow.
Sponsored by Erikson Institute, Family Action Network (FAN), Foundation 65, North Shore Academy, School District 65, School District 69, The Evanston/Skokie PTA Council, United Way North-Northwest, and Y.O.U.