The Evanston Recreation Division presents the inaugural Zombie Scramble on November 1, 2014!
The goal of the Zombie Scramble is for you and your team members to finish the race with all of your “lives” intact. Your “lives” are represented by flags hanging off of a flag football belt you will wear. Throughout the course, Zombies will be attempting to grab your flag as you attempt to avoid them. If you lose all of your flags you become “infected” and complete the race as an “infected” person. Hidden on the course will be “life packs” that will revive your lost lives.
Zombie Scramble Participant Information
- Waves will leave every 15 minutes starting with the Family-friendly event at 5:30pm. The adult-only waves will begin at 8:30pm.
- The event will begin in Butler Park and end at the Ecology Center (please see the map for the course route).
- All participants will need to sign a liabilty wavier. Click here to download the waiver.
- Registration will close on Wednesday, October 15.
- The family-friendly waves are for partipants ages 8 and up, the adult-only waves are for participants ages 18 and up.
- Participants will receive a t-shirt and glow stick with their registration fee. We enourage you to also bring a flashlight for the scramble.
- Your best chance to survive the course is to participat as a team. Team members should register individually. Your team captian should complete the Zombie Scramble Team Information Form to identify your team members. Individual registrations will be allowed.
- The family-friendly scramble is approximately 2 miles, while the adult-only scramble is approximately 4 miles.
- Check-in for the scramble will be held in the circle drive of the Ecology Center. Check-in starts at 4:30pm.
- Gear check will be available inside the Ecology Center.
- In the event of inclement weather, the race will be cancelled and all money will be refunded. Please call the weather cancellation hotline at 847-448-8253 after 4pm on Nov 1 if there is inclement weather.
- First aid and bathrooms will be available at the Ecology Center.
Children ages 3-8 can participate in crafts and actvities during the scramble by signing up for our “Zombie” sitting. Staff will supervise children in the Animal room at the Ecology Center from 5pm until your family finishes the scramble. There is limited space available and we will not take registrations the day of. Pre-registration is required. To register call 847-448-8252.
Fee: $5 per child
Class #: 632902A4
The lot at Bridge and McCormick will be reserved for volunteers and event staff. Participants are encouraged to walk, bike or use public transportation. Limited street parking will be available on Simpson or Payne Street.
- Waves begin at 5:30pm, check in starts at 4:30pm.
- It is a 2-mile course.
- Particpants must be age 8 and up.
- There will be 3 challenge stops throughout the course. Teams must stop and complete the timed challenge. If teams do not complete the challenge they must sacrifice one “life” from a member of their team. Completing the challenge will win your team an extra “life.”
- There will be a post-scramble party at the Ecology Center where food, drinks and s’mores will be served.
- Waves begin at 8:30pm, check in starts at 4:30pm.
- It is a 4-mile course.
- Participants must be age 18 and up.
- Post-scramble refreshments will be available.
You can find and register for all the volunteer opportunities at www.volunteerevanston.org.
Zombie Scramble Registration Information
- Fee: $15 p/adult (ages 18 and up), $10 per child (ages 8-17)
- Family-Friendly Scramble Registration #: 632901A4
- Adult-Only Scramble Registration #: 633901A4
- To register call 847-448-8252 or online here.