- What is disciplinary literacy?
- How will it impact instruction in District 65?
- How does disciplinary literacy reflect changes in the Common Core State Standards?
- How can parents help children at home with these new standards?
- How does disciplinary literacy address the achievement gap?
About Disciplinary Literacy:
Reading in science is different than reading a poem and is different than reading in social studies or math.
Learn how teachers will prepare students by emphasizing skills and attitudes that teach the differences of reading by discipline.
Join John Price, Assistant Superintendent of Schools, and members of the curriculum team to learn about disciplinary literacy in District 65.
Spanish interpretation will be provided.
Tuesday, April 28
Chute Middle School (Library)
1400 Oakton Street, Evanston
7 PM – 8:30 PM
HOSTED BY DISTRICT 65 AND THE PTA COUNCIL