All Evanston beaches will be open for the season beginning Saturday, May 23, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Beaches will be open on Memorial Day.
Beach Locations from North to South:
- Lighthouse Beach – Central St. at Sheridan Rd.
(2611 Sheridan Rd.)
- Clark Street Beach – Clark St. at Sheridan Rd.
(1811 Sheridan Rd.)
- Dog Beach – Church St at the lakefront
(1631 Sheridan Rd.)
- Greenwood Street Beach – Greenwood St. at the lakefront
(1401 Sheridan Rd.)
- Lee Street Beach – Lee St. and Lake Shore Blvd.
(1111 Lake Shore Blvd.)
- South Boulevard Beach – South Blvd. at the lakefront
(525 Sheridan Square)
A beach token or daily pass is needed for admission. Admission for children under age one is always free. Daily passes may be purchased at each beach entrance. Free beach days for Evanston residents will be held at Clark Street Beach on Mondays from July 6 through August 31, 2015. Click here for information about teen outreach beach passes and the free beach token program.
During certain conditions, swimming is prohibited at one or more of Evanston’s beaches, but admittance to the beach (sandy area) is still allowed. At other times, both the water and the beach areas are closed for your safety. During the season, check the beach status page for updates.