This summer, District 65 is partnering with COPE (Caring Outreach by Parents in Evanston) and the District 65 PTA Council to provide school supplies for students in need. With over 40% of students qualifying for free or reduced-priced meals, there are many families who need our support. Together, we can make sure our children are ready to start a new school year prepared to learn and ready for success.
Individuals and organizations are invited to make donations to help reach this year’s fundraising goal of $15,000. By attaining this goal, we can support at least 600 District 65 students in need and provide them with the necessary school supplies. Any donation makes a difference and is greatly appreciated.
COPE is working to organize community support and raise funds, District 65 will source and order the supplies, and the PTA Council will coordinate volunteers to assemble and distribute supplies so all funds raised can be dedicated to the cost of supplies. For more information about donating, please call COPE at 847-905-6332 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of our students and our schools!
Here is the link to make a monetary donation: http://www.district65.net/domain/506
The following Starbucks locations will be collecting supplies as well, from July 24th – August 7th:
- 1515 N. Sheridan, Wilmette
- Dempster & Chicago, Evanston
- 2114 Central St., Evanston
- Chestnut & Spruce, Winnetka
- Lake & Skokie, Edens Plaza Wilmette
- Chicago & Main, Evanston
- 3330 Central St, Evanston
- McCormick & Touhy, Skokie
- Lake & Laramie, Wilmette
- Green Bay & Washington, Wilmette
- Dempster & Dodge, Evanston
Supplies can also be donated at:
- Little Beans Cafe, 430 Asbury St., Evanston
Backpacks (new, please) can also be donated at:
- Maya Papaya & Tony Macarony, 1901 Central Street, Evanston
- Curt’s Cafe, 2922 Central St, Evanston
- Curt’s Cafe South, 1813 Dempster, Evanston