This practical, all-day workshop helps you understand your child and manage challenges unique to many adoptive and foster families. An expert in the field of attachment and adoption shares how to understand and respond to behavior, attachment, and trauma issues using The Theraplay Institute’s attachment-based parenting techniques that are proven to strengthen family bonds.
Through discussion, video demonstrations and practice sessions, you’ll learn engaging and effective tools to:
• Help children feel comfortable accepting guidance and leadership
• Direct behavior without being punitive
• Communicate without rewards and threats
• Discipline constructively to foster learning
• Enhance a child’s self-esteem and sense of well-being
• Foster a lasting connection between parent and child
• Bring joy, laughter, and fun back to your family
The program is appropriate for parents, extended family (grandparents, aunts and uncles), and pre-adoptive parents of young children and teens.
Professionals are welcome to come with client families or independently. This workshop does not qualify for continuing education hours.
Saturday, December 5, 2015 (9:00-5:00)
The Theraplay Institute, Evanston, IL
Dafna Lender, LCSW, Certified Theraplay Therapist, Trainer and Supervisor