On Monday, December 26 at 11 a.m., join your friends and neighbors in celebrating the first day of Kwanzaa at Fountain Square, in the heart of downtown Evanston. Experience the traditional lighting of the Kinara and recitation of Nguzu Saba, the Seven Principles of Kwanzaa. For more information about Kwanzaa’s history, visit www.officialkwanzaawebsite.org.
Fountain Square is located at Davis Street between Orrington and Sherman Avenues.
Help make the holiday season joyful for as many needy Evanston families as possible.
Be a part of the annual Holiday Food & Toy Drive sponsored by Mayor Tisdahl and local community organizations.
Donate online quickly and securely using our Holiday Drive payment site.(Visa, MasterCard, American Express, & Discover accepted)
please bring new, unwrapped toys and/or non-perishable food items to the lobby of one of our convenient Evanston drop-off sites starting Monday, Nov. 3 through Friday, Dec. 9. See locations below.
The City is seeking donations of staple food items for holiday meals, including: stuffing, green beans, yams, mac and cheese, corn and corn bread mix (PLEASE CHECK EXPIRATION DATE).
- Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave. Mon.-Fri., 7am-9pm
- Main Library, 1703 Orrington Ave. Sun., Noon-6pm; Mon.-Thurs., 9am-9pm; Fri. and Sat., 9am-6pm
- North branch library, 2026 Central St. Mon., 10am-8pm; Tues.-Wed., 10am-6pm; and Sat., 10am-5pm
- Chicago Ave./Main St. branch library, 900 Chicago Ave., Suite 102, Tues., Wed., Fri., Sat, 10am-6pm; Mon., 10am-8pm
- Robert Crown Center, 1701 Main St. Mon., 9am-6pm; Tues.-Thurs., 9am-8pm; Fri., 9am-9pm; Sat., 8am-9pm; Sun., Noon-4pm
- Chandler-Newberger Center, 1028 Central St. Mon.-Fri., 9am-7pm; Sat., 9am-4pm
- Evanston Ecology Center, 2024 McCormick Blvd. Mon.-Fri., 8:30am-5pm; Sat., 9am-4:30pm
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center, 1655 Foster St. Mon.-Fri., 9:30am-9pm; Sat., 9am-3pm
- Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave. Mon.-Fri., 8:30am-5pm; Sat. and Sun., 9am-3pm
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center, 927 Noyes St. Mon.-Fri., 8:30am-5pm
- Gibbs-Morrison Cultural Center, 1823 Church St. Mon.-Fri., 9am-6pm; Sat., 9am-6pm
- All five Evanston Fire stations, locations here
- Evanston Police Station, 1454 Elmwood Ave.
ATTENTION: Families who wish to participate in the Holiday Food & Toy Drive to receive toys and/or food items must register by calling 311 between Monday, November 28 and Friday, December 9.